Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States and Puerto Rico through membership at your home YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues).
We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
What You Need to Know
- Valid for active, full facility YMCA members (matinee membership and Silver Sneakers do not qualify)
- Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time (on a monthly basis)
- Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership
- Make sure the Y offers the services and amenities you plan to use
- Bring a photo ID with you for your visit
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting another Y location
If you have more questions, download the <Know Before You Go> resource.
The policy at each Y is different but the first visit to your non-home YMCA may require an intake process including a membership form, photo taken, ID check and national sex offender registry check. Membership at your home YMCA will also be verified at that time. Members must attend their home YMCA 50% of their total visits.
YES, as long as they are not fee based. They must be free-to-member classes.
Visiting members must use their home Y at least 50% of the time and check-in with the Welcome Center they arrive. On their first visit, they will be setup in our system as a reciprocity member.
No, if a visitor is a Silver Sneakers or Matinee member at their home branch, they are not eligible for the reciprocity benefit.
No, each member of your party needs to be a member of a PA YMCA or they are subject to a guest fee.