Welcome 7th graders! YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties offers free memberships for all 7th graders in our community! YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties is a cause-driven organization for Youth Development fulfilling its mission with the Seventh Grade Initiative. The Y offers free membership to all students in the seventh grade. The goal of the initiative is to encourage youth to make healthy choices and avoid risky behaviors to succeed in school and life.
In order to participate, students will need to show a student ID/report card or class roster along with a parental/guardian signature.
Those who participate will receive access to the pools, the Wellness Center with a mandatory orientation, the gym, the ability to participate in group exercise classes and sports classes, teen programs, volunteering opportunities, and much more!
2022-2023 School Year:
Membership begins: July 1, 2022
Last Day to Register: March 31, 2023
Membership expires: June 30, 2023
How to Join
Register in person at any of our branches. Please bring proof of 7th grade level (school ID, report card) and a parent/guardian. Parent/guardian completes the required membership paperwork and sign form. 7th grader may begin using membership right away.
7th Grade Membership offers the following membership privileges:
- Teen strength & fitness orientation
- Use of Wellness Center (after completing orientation)
- Use of pool
- Use of gymnasium
- Sports and exercise classes
- Reduced program costs
- Teen classes
Teen Members: Getting Started
Get started in five simple steps:
- Student must read and sign <Member Code of Conduct>
- Student must read the <Teen Strength and Fitness Orientation Guide>
- Watch the Fitness Equipment Orientation Video (found to the left) and take the <Teen Orientation Quiz>.
- Download the Y app, review adult/teen cardio workouts. Then, screenshot completed test results and show to Welcome Center to receive key tag. (25/32 score required).
- Read <Member Handbook>.